Equipment manufacturer, Caterpillar Mantrac has Monday launched a new version of its F2 Series Backhoe Loader in a bid to target the smaller operators with a range of features purpose-built for the African and Middle Eastern markets.
The new Cat 426F2 Backhoe Loader with Side Shift frame comes with a massive range of options so customers can build a machine to suit their business needs and budget.
With the 426F2 customers can now choose between 2- or 4-wheel drive, specify a backhoe loader or excavator control pattern, decide on the right climate control or heating package for the cab and consider the level of Product Link™ technology that will suit them.
“With this cutting-edge technology and the productivity of the 426F2 we project our market share to grow in this category of equipment,” said Corné Timmermans, Caterpillar Managing Director for Africa and Middle Eastern markets.
The launch displays Mantrac group’s readiness to continuously invest in the Kenya business to better support customers who have been with them over the years with innovative a diverse offering to suit industry trends.
John Waikwa, Machines and MH Sales Manager Mantrac Kenya Limited, highlighted that with the power and technology to take both fast trenching and delicate digging in its stride, the machine has all the performance, manoeuvrability and reliability customers can expect from the Caterpillar brand.
Kenya has a vibrant construction industry, thus contractors are seeking solutions that will enable delivery of their projects in a timely manner and at lower costs hence the decision to launch the product in the country.
Caterpillar Inc. has a long history in Africa, with the first dealerships on the continent starting in the mid-twenties of the 20th century. Here in Kenya, roots go back to that period of time with Gailey & Roberts, which was acquired by Mantrac in 1997. Today, Caterpillar is present in all countries of Africa through dealers except for Somalia.
Mantrac Kenya Limited is also part of the giant Mantrac Group which holds the Caterpillar dealerships in Egypt, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Iraq and in the Western Siberia region of Russia. Being part of an international network gives a competitive edge in product delivery and service support.
- Powered by the 68.5 kW Cat 3054C 4-cylinder diesel engine matched to a Cat four-speed Power-Shuttle transmission.
- Standard 2-wheel and optional 4-wheel drive models both come with a 100% differential lock in the rear axle for maximum traction in poor ground conditions.
- New wide cab design for excellent visibility and comfort gives the operator extra room to switch positions for loading, carrying and trenching tasks.
- Whether it’s close-up truck loading or digging over obstacles, the new 426F2’s distinctive excavator-style boom outperforms straight boom designs.
- High-rotation bucket linkage ensures superior material retention and exceptional removal from the trench.
- Hydraulic system moderates fuel usage, reduces operating noise levels and decreases wear and tear on key components.
- Standard-fit Cat Product Link™ maximizes machine uptime through remote data monitoring by VisionLink. Customers can specify the type of data gathered.